[Bf-blender-npr] Panoramic camera for freestyle

Tamito KAJIYAMA rd6t-kjym at asahi-net.or.jp
Fri Mar 14 15:58:52 CET 2014

Hi,

Freestyle does not work with panoramic camera at the moment. Personally
to say, a proper support for panoramic rendering in Freestyle is not a
short-term goal. That is partly because I am not really familiar with
the internal implementation of the panoramic camera.

As far as I could figure out after your post, the panoramic camera
relies on a tile-based rendering technique that splits the entire image
into row-by-column rectangular blocks called tiles and renders them one
after another (possibly in parallel). Unless relevant parameters such as
tile size and lens size are set appropriately, the rendering result may
suffer from visual artifact.

I cannot tell you the estimated amount of work to support panoramic
rendering in Freestyle. It is my impression however that the work is not
so straightforward because of the tile-based rendering that is quite
different from what is done in Freestyle.

With best regards,

--
KAJIYAMA, Tamito <rd6t-kjym at asahi-net.or.jp>