[Bf-blender-npr] there are no interest from core developers on NPR which involve BI/BEER

Tamito KAJIYAMA rd6t-kjym at asahi-net.or.jp
Wed Jul 30 06:46:33 CEST 2014

Hi,

I had a conversation with Light BWK on IRC to better understand the BEER
efforts. There are a few points relevant for future planning and
discussions.

* BEER is intended to be another rendering engine integrated into
Blender (like Cycles).

* BEER does not take the "patching BI" approach.

* BEER requres GPU devices. CPU support is a matter of discussion (no
decision made yet).

* BEER and the Marmoset Toolbag share the way how it gets implemented
and what user experience is foreseen. http://vimeo.com/90355033

 From developers' perspective, these points make it quite clear what BEER
is intended to be.

Regards,