[Bf-animsys] Bones mirroring properties

Juan Pablo Bouza jpbouza at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 13 04:37:39 CET 2015

Hi guys! I stumbled across a small problem here, and I wanted to listen to everybody's thoughts before I ask someone to change this.
The thing is that Blender is kind of mirroring the data inside custom properties of bones.
For example, if I have bone called 'xx_L' and another one called 'xx_R', and both bones have a property that has the same exact name, Blender tries to mirror the data inside the property.
In  my opinion, this shouldn't happen. For instance, I want to store  a list of bones inside the property, but in the bone 'xx_L', the list has all bones with the '_L' suffix, while in the 'xx_R' bone, the list has bones with '_R' suffix. Now, I don't know how or when, but some times Blender mirrors the property's content, so the list inside 'xx_L' is copied into the list of 'xx_R'.
This shouldn't happen, mirroring the inner data of the properties is like too much for me. It becomes messy and unpredictable, and it breaks custom things you might want to store in the properties.
The solution for my case would be that the property shouldn't have the same name in 'xx_L' and 'xx_R'. So I know I can work it out, but I think this kind of mirroring attempt is way too intrusive, not to mention that the behavior is not too consistent, as the mirroring doesn't always occur.
Let me know what you think!