[Bf-animsys] Grease pencil layers group

mendiobox info at mendiobox.com
Tue Jul 21 15:23:33 CEST 2015

Hi Joshua,

I was revisiting your roadmap for Grease Pencil and I have a proposal that I think could solve #12 in an easy way.

  12) Better ways to manage the layers
  What's clear from seeing several workflows is that multiple layers are often needed to fully render each character and/or prop. This presents the natural issue of how can we more efficiently manage groups of such layers?

Right now is possible in Blender to have several instances of GP but only one visible in the viewport.
What if allow GP to have more than one instance visible at a time?

This would help a lot when we works with multiple character/background/objects and we can use the outliner to quickly turn on/off instance visibility.

I've prepared a mockup to show the idea.
http://www.mendiobox.com/assets/GP/Mockup_Grease_pencil-02.jpg

What do you think? Is this possible?

Regards
Matias