[Bf-animsys] Grease pencil and Storyboarding

Joshua Leung aligorith at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 06:29:11 CET 2015

Hi Matias,

Thanks for the feedback :)

Re - Bugs:
1) Yep, I've noticed it too. I thought it was just me, but apparently not
:)

2) Not intentional. Fixed in master now.

Re - Primary Features:
1) For viewport effects, it would be better/faster to contact Antony
(psy-fi).

2) Better fills (without the artifacts we're getting now - like incorrect
fills in concave areas, and the bug above) are something I will look into.
The current GL_POLYGON based technique was intended as a quick first pass
so that we at least had some way of doing this, which works for a decent
number of scenarios.

3) These will be looked into :)

4) I'm looking for ideas about how exactly artists would like/expect this
to work, and how that would fit into their workflows :)

Re proposed improvements:
1) There are some issues doing this. Perhaps the greatest one is that we
can't just always use the FKEY, as it would end up blocking normal tools
from working. This is especially true when not in Stroke Editing Mode
(where Grease Pencil is just "on top" of everything else). Then again, if
it's not going to be too much of a hassle to only be able to do this in
stroke edit mode, then it should be simple to add it.

2) I'll have a look. I suspect that this won't be that useful, as the
maximum size is limited by the fact that OpenGL on windows limits the
maximum width of strokes drawn using the opengl primitives

Regards,
Joshua