[Bf-animsys] New depsGraph and rigging concept in blender

Jeffrey italic.rendezvous at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 01:15:35 CEST 2015

> * Also, for the cases that we need multiple groups of bones (from the
> same armature) acting on the same points but with some of those bones
> acting before others (useful for creating "layered" deforms,  where
> one set of bones does the coarse body level deforms while a second set
> does skin sliding and other fine detsils) , we've (Bassam, Zanqdo, and
> I) been thinking about making the armature modifier restrict itself to
> only handling the bones in a particular bone group, or with particular
> tags. Using such mechanisms, the depsgraph can also get smarter about
> how it links up interleaved pose evaluation and geometry evaluation.

Would you happen to have any educational resources laying around about
this so-called bone layering method? I'm trying to adapt Josh Sobel's
face rigging method (http://www.joshrigs.com/) to blender, but ran into
the problem of not being able to layer shapekeys onto meshes (a literal
translation of the concepts, but I like what he does). However, this
layered deform triggering sounds intriguing.

--
Jeffrey "Italic_" Hoover