[Bf-animsys] Speeding up MDef for Gooseberry

Daniel Salazar - patazstudio.com zanqdo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 21:54:44 CEST 2014

Hi! MDef works very well and is so important for cartoony deformation!
However it is a bit slow, I wonder what can be done to speed it up so
it can become more usable for animating in real time?

I got one idea that could help for the usual case of a single cage on
multiple objects. Right now we have to one MDef modifier for each
object and that's of course wasteful. It becomes slower, uses a lot of
memory and even the blend file gets huge. Could there be a way to
reuse the bind for multiple objects?

Is that possible? Any other ways to speed it up?

best regards!

Daniel Salazar
patazstudio.com