[Bf-animsys] Layered Bone Deform

Daniel Salazar - patazstudio.com zanqdo at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 14:54:57 CET 2014

Hi Gaia, thanks for the reply. I'm not sure that's enough, let me
explain better.

It's not only about visually organizing different sets of vgroups but
more importantly about separating the *auto normalization* of all
vgroups. With different layers you can make the modifier only
normalize the vgroups in that specific layer.

I have updated the image to add the modifier side of all this (one
possible implementation that I discussed with Joshua this morning). It
basically only adds a new entry to define the layer (or group or
set..) that this modifier should care of, ignoring the rest.

http://3developer.com/tmp/Layered_Deform.png

cheers!

Daniel Salazar
patazstudio.com