[Bf-animsys] Dependency graph work started

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sat Nov 8 11:09:59 CET 2014

Hi Nathan,

The principle (technically) is the same. And we could even name it the same (proxy is confusing).

The feature I'd like to keep though is a way for a rigger (or shader designer, or effect artist, etc) to create a local "override" interface for users, and have the underlying structure and options hidden. Like making an API for a library - you try to design a strong and usable system that can be well maintained in bigger project pipelines.

The feature could work like:

- you link in referenced data
- Blender UI shows you which overrides are available by design

The overrides also relate to how we want duplication to work. A case like this should work, to make a massive flock or crowd for example.

- you link in referenced character group
- you put copies of the group on many positions
- for each copy, you can edit overrides (as available by design)

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute