[Bf-animsys] Need feedback about a simple walk cycle helper

Jonatan Bijl Jonatan.Bijl at tba.nl
Mon Aug 11 16:43:54 CEST 2014

I think you'd rather want to have it the other way around: you know the average speed of your character, and then you make the animation for that.

Calculating the speed from bones is also a  bit tricky, as this requires a lot of assumptions about the walk cycle. For sneaking, running, etc the maximum distance between the ankles is not what you want because probably only one ankle bone and one toe bone will be touching the ground, or none at all.

Jonatan