[Bf-animsys] Need feedback about a simple walk cycle helper

Jonatan Bijl Jonatan.Bijl at tba.nl
Mon Aug 11 11:15:58 CEST 2014

Thanks for your work on the plugin. I have an idea for something that could be helpful.

What I find tricky when animating a walk cycle, is preventing a sliding-feet / moonwalking  movement.

I currently work-around this problem, by animating a movement of the root bone, for the distance of two strides. Then I animate the walking, and can easily see if the feet are sliding or not. After that, I remove the root bone animation again.

Another solution could be that a plugin would use stride length and stride duration as input to show "footprint" helper objects, or zebra-crossing-stripes, to show the walking-speed to the animator.

I think this kind of feature would be very helpful.

Jonatan