[Bf-animsys] FBX import support

Stefano Corazza stefano at mixamo.com
Fri Apr 25 00:31:03 CEST 2014

I hear there are improvements coming up... but many users are sending a
lot of complaints about FBX import in Blender.

A few questions:

1 - Did we include in Blender the FBX SDK or otherwise how are these FBX
created?

2 - Right now there is no support for rigged/animated characters in the
FBX importer. Is this something anyone is working on?

FBX is a very complex format we have deeply studied in the past year, I
just want to make sure we have a realistic vision of what is possible.

Please please please comment on this post!!!  We want to know!!!

Thanks

Stefano