[Bf-animsys] Collada Importer still broken for Characters with multiple meshes/bind poses.

Stefano Corazza stefano at mixamo.com
Fri Apr 18 18:54:19 CEST 2014

Dear Blender Animation List,

Here is long term Blender partner Mixamo speaking, with over 200,000
users among which Blender users is one of the largest groups.

At the moment he #1 issue with Blender for game development and
animation is non-native importing of assets. We get a lot of complaints.
In fact Collada 1.4.1 importer still has a major limitation: it does not
support multiple meshes/bind poses, which affects a large portion of
characters.

Here a test case where Blender simply crashes:
https://developer.blender.org/file/info/PHID-FILE-2kleiwpxahd6to6lac5y/#

As FBX import is not an option at the moment (no support for animation)
we would bring this up to your attention and hopefully escalate as it
has been broken for a long time and many many people are complaining
about it. Happy to provide more test cases and to test the fixes.

Thanks!!!

Stefano