[Bf-animsys] How to transfer characters between similar rigs by script ?

Joshua Leung aligorith at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 12:21:02 CEST 2013

Hi,

Without checking your file, from the sounds of things, this is a problem
which Rigify and/or Rigamarule (Bassam's tool) address. Namely, they allow
you to create a "template" rig for defining the mapping between a basic
editable rig and the full autogenerated rig, with all generated bones
adjusted to work with the moved joints. It'd probably be worth taking a
look there to get an idea of how they do this. Perhaps you can even manage
to find a way to use these tools for your purpose?

Hope that helps,
Joshua