[Bf-animsys] Import of Joints (issues with leaf bones)

Joshua Leung aligorith at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 20:39:57 CET 2013

Hi,

Unless I'm missing something, why don't we just skip all animation on
child-less joints?

Some special subcases of this would be:
1) If a joint has no parent and no child, then it becomes a free-standing
bone of length 1 (default orientation?). Any transforms on that joint are
just mapped to that bone. (While bones of length 1 are probably too long,
users can easily adjust these post import. Otherwise, we could just set a
custom bone shape on such bones by default to hide the fact that they are
long buggers)
2) For a joint at the end of a chain, we could probably assume that any
positional information it stores is already attended to via the bone that
is formed between it and its parent

Regards,
Joshua