[Bf-animsys] Depsgraph Refactor - GSoC2013 System Design Proposal

Joshua Leung aligorith at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 17:28:01 CEST 2013

Hi All,

As many will know, I've been working on figuring out what our new
dependency graph and evaluation engine needs to look like. Many of the
people subscribed here probably know what this is (i.e. basically it's
that annoying backend system that keeps complaining that you've
created cyclic dependencies yet again ;).

Anyways, I've attached a document outlining the proposed design/goals
for this system. Please take a look and provide some feedback about
whether there's really anything missing/overlooked or likely to cause
us serious grief in future. Also, feel free to ask if any other
questions/issues come to mind while having a look.

Cheers,
Joshua

BTW: Try to keep this discussion here on the bf-animsys mailing list,
to avoid clogging up the bf-committers list with discussion on this.