[Bf-animsys] Proposal: Vertex Weight display

Keith Boshoff wahooney at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 14:39:30 CEST 2013

Hi,

I would like to propose a change to the way vertices are rendered based on
their weights.

Right now we have a system that only considers a 0-1 gradient, I propose
the following:

1. A colour for 1.0 weighted
2. A colour for 0.0 weighted
3. A gradient inbetween those weights.
4. A colour for unweighted, ie. This vertex does not belong to this group
at all.

I know that 1-3 is possible with the current system, with gradient stops at
0.0, 0.0001, 0.9999, 1.0 but that methodology is very fuzzy and pain to
edit, separate colours would be great.

4 would need to be added and it would allow a rigger to tell at a glance
what the influence of a particular group is (there is a technical
difference between a weight of 0 and unweighted).

Thanks!