[Bf-animsys] (Slightly OT) - Duplication Ideas

Nathan Vegdahl nathanvegdahl at gmail.com
Sat May 16 21:11:26 CEST 2009

>> *will it be possible to have multiple proxies for the same group in a
>> file? eg, 3 library-linked zombies having 3 proxified armatures, all
>> from the same library zombie.
>
> Hmm... not sure what you mean here...

   I think he means making multiple proxies from the same ID block.

   An example use-case is crowd-sim: say you want to sim an army of
200 zombies, you don't want to have to create 200 individual zombie
characters.  Ideally you just make 10 or so, and proxy each one 20
times.
   In 2.4x you couldn't do this.  You could only proxy something once.
 We had to create duplicate blend files of characters if we wanted two
of the same character in the scene.

   Anyhoo, I don't have any questions/comments that Bassam didn't
already make.  Presuming the ability for duplicate proxies, this looks
solid to me. :-)

--Nathan V