[Bf-animsys] NLA System SoC - 'Phase 1' more or less complete

Nathan Vegdahl nathanvegdahl at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 07:12:54 CEST 2009

I hate to sound like a broken record, but after playing with the NLA
branch for while now, I have one primary question:
   How are "IPO bags" (or rather f-curve bags) going to fit into this
workflow?  As the interface stands now (where the tracks are organized
by object) I struggle to think of a sane/natural way to incorporate
such functionality.  That doesn't mean there *isn't* a sane/natural
way, just that I can't think of one.

   For what I personally expect to use the NLA system for, the
"f-curve bag" functionality is important to several primary use-cases.
 I'm a little concerned that perhaps it's being brushed off as
something that can be worked out as an after thought.  But I fear that
when we actually get around to putting it in that the workflow
developed by then will be highly ill-suited to it.

   I would, personally, feel a lot more comfortable if we could figure
out before-hand how "f-curve bags" will fit into all of this, prior to
Aligorith doing too much work on this workflow to go back and make any
necessary changes (which might be substantial?).

--Nathan V