[Verse-dev] Verse Security

mail at smokythaklown.com mail at smokythaklown.com
Sun Sep 7 11:32:26 CEST 2014

  Thank you david, i meant to say how mesh netoworks uses rsync to
transfer large information without udp. Thanks a bunch for the
information, networking is taking a toll on my brain i will further my
research in your direction, thank you again.

On 06-09-2014, David Given
wrote:

> On 06.09.2014 21:01, mail at smokythaklown.com [1]wrote:

Hello Jiří Hnídek, UDP is a security issue none the less. I would like
to understand more mesh networking protocols like rsync that is
extremely fast without the use of udp before i rewrite the verse in pure
python.

> UDP is no more insecure than TCP --- just make sure to run
a security
> and authentication layer on top of it. And rsync is a
file
> syncronisation app and has nothing to do with mesh networking.
>

> The Verse protocol is mainly RPCs. If you're going to rewrite it,
I'd
> strongly suggest looking at an existing RPC/networking library
like 0mq
> rather than writing your own (it's really hard to do well):
>

> http://zeromq.org/ [2]
>
> It's even got authentication and
encryption support. That's really,

http://curvezmq.org/ [3]

> -- ┌─── dg@cowlark.com ─────
http://www.cowlark.com [4] ───── │ "Blue is beautiful... blue is best...
│ I'm blue! I'm beautiful! I'm best!" │ --- _Dougal and the Blue Cat_

Links:
------
[1] mailto:mail at smokythaklown.com
[2]