[Verse-dev] Verse, Blender and OpenSG

Julian Adenauer mail at julianadenauer.de
Fri May 6 12:05:37 CEST 2011

Hi,
I am a PhD student at the Technical University in Berlin. My research is focussed on virtual prototypes of interactive (mechatronic) products. For that the combination of modeling, physical simulation and behaviour-programming that Blender offers is very interesting for me. Right now I am looking for a possibility to get the simulation I get in the Blender Game Engine into our CAVE-System that is based on OpenSG. During my research I came across the (Uni-)Verse project and it seems that this seems to do exactly what I am looking for. I have some questions, though, and I hope you can help me:
- I came across an OpenSG Renderer for Verse (http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:Uni-Verse/OpenSG_Renderer) but it is not very well documented. Do you have any more information about this project or someone whom I can contact with questions about it?
- The uni-verse project ended in 2007 and the Blender Verse integration dates back to 2005. Are there still developers working on Verse? And more important: Do you know of any attempts to integrate Verse in the current (2.5) or future versions of Blender? I just at the beginning of understanding both Blender and Verse, so could you perhaps give me an idea of how much work such an integration would cause?

Thank you very very much in advance!

Best wishes from Berlin,

Julian

--