[Verse-dev] Verse in a live environment

Roland Sadowski szabla at gmail.com
Sun May 1 11:51:45 CEST 2011

Hi everybody,

>From Eskil's presentations it seems it's possible to edit a game
(Love) while it's running. I'm interested in hearing how the Verse and
the game world interact with each other. For example, editing a
geometry should influence various physics properties, bounding boxes
etc. Is all the game related data stored separately from the Verse
representation of the world or are they unified?

Also, is Verse being used as the networking code of Love? I'm assuming
that a separate protocol had to be implemented for all the game
related stuff (e.g. player movement, interactions). But I imagine it's
possible to actually use Verse for that purpose, too. But is it
practical?

Cheers,
Roland