[Verse-dev] New Verse at Blender Conference

JC Romain jean-christophe at klakos.com
Wed Oct 27 16:39:14 CEST 2010

In our case, we follow the dev of verse wishing to have a very efficient
texturing tool (for games, by example) to use the direct texture paint
from blender over a model, continue to work the texture in realtime
inside gimp using the layering gimp offers (and all the other tools) and
see the result in realtime inside blender, enable to retouch the texture
directely on the model.

But when we tried to do that we encontered some problems ; using verse
from gimp to blender is ok but in the blender to gimp direction it
doesn't work. Plus, in the version we used of the gimp pluggin, only the
currently selected layer was synchronized, as it should be more
interresting to synchronize the whole canvas.

Maybe this was our bad understanding of the core concept but i would
like to have some precisions
on how to do that (using python, by example) and how does the verse
server works !