[Verse-dev] New Verse at Blender Conference

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 02:27:58 CEST 2010

Hi there,
I'm a user of Blender Game Engine and a developer myself. I've been working
with fulldomes (big spherical screens), and one requirement that comes up
once in a while is to find a solution to run different instances of the same
BGE application synced in different computers. So far the workaround is to
have one single potent computer running everything. It works, but at some
point I think we will hit a wall (either for the limitation in one machine
or the limitation in the outputs).

I follow (from a user perspective) verse development here and there. I love
the simple idea of it. Now it occurred to me that Verse maybe can be used
exactly for that: to sync different game instances. I wonder if Eskil's LOVE
engine is doing that in any way.

Anyways, I'm also attending Blender Conference [1]. It would be nice if we
can meet there. So if I can't recognize Verse people by their names there,
please feel free to poke me :)

Cheers,
--
Dalai
www.dalaifelinto.com

[1] - it will the first talk after the KeyNote - Cosmic Sensation,
Visualizing cosmic particles with an immersive dome and the Blender Game
Engine:
http://www.blendernation.com/2010/09/28/experiencing-cosmic-rays-with-blender-in-a-fulldome/