[Verse-dev] Verse.net - how are the bindings generated?

Stuart Axon stuaxo2 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 22 01:02:48 CEST 2008

It is interesting, just to see what types you used for which parts (the java ones will be very similar).  I'm leaning toward generating (or partly generating) a java bindings.  - For java there is javolution which supports structs, so that helps a lot.
If generation was used it could be used for .net and java... although like you I don't really have time + really verse is not my focus, but what would be built once the java stuff is ready.
I'm fairly sure that java-gnome generate (or partly generate) a lot of their bindings and this work is pretty successful.

Still the small size of v_cmd_gen.c is encoraging to me - reimplementing this in java is not out of the question (or making it output java or just doxygen comments for noodleglue).

Will investigate more as time allows.