[Verse-dev] Verse servers issues

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Thu Jun 14 10:26:20 CEST 2007

Cervantes Pintor Pedro kirjoitti:
> I thought that a verse server could be so simple that any server could
> work with almost any application (not requiering a very specific
> feature), so please tell me : If i want to write my own application to
> share data with blender and 3dMax, do i need to write my own server
> and give support to mine and other applications ??

Your first thought is correct - the idea is that the protocol and the
server are universal. So you don't need to write your own server.

> ...! Or maybe the problem is only a diferent version of the library
> used to build the server and applications ??

That is probably the reason for your problems.

What version of Blender did you use? I had trouble finding a recent
build (of say 2.44a) with Verse enabled, when needed a client on a
windows machine (I do not usually build Blender on Windows myself,
mostly only on Linux).

The good part of that trouble is that I was forced to use uni-verse
applications then to make a simple test, and managed for the first time
to actually use connector and friends a bit :) (no i have not read any
instructions for them). I did not test Loq Airou in that session but had
no probs with the other tools.

> Pedro

~Toni