[Verse-dev] A strange bug

Samuel Siltanen saasilta at cc.hut.fi
Mon Feb 5 13:55:43 CET 2007

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007, eskil at obsession.se wrote:

> Are you sure they are not set, but only set on other node IDs? The node IDs
> in the vml file is local to that file and may be changed during upload. If
> the file is created by dumping the content of a server, it may comback with
> the same ids if you upload it to a clean server. But if an other app has
> alredy connected it will have created an avatar node id and that may couse
> all the nodes to get different IDs.
>
> Node ids are session specific. if you need to keep track of nodes between
> connections use tags or the node names.

I know this. In addition to the fact that I went through the link commands
received by the server one by one, there are two more reasons for which I
think this is a bug. First of all, I actually checked the node names
(which are "corridor_floor", "room1_door_frame", "hall_door", and
"room4_door_frame") which correspond to the given node IDs in the
VML-file, and the links were missing. The second reason is that there are
geometry nodes which are not linked anywhere, and, on the other hand,
there are the abovementioned object nodes which do not have a geometry
node connected to them. So the links are simply missing.

Samuel Siltanen
saasilta at cc.hut.fi