[Verse-dev] Verse clock ( vclock) issues

Emil Brink emil at obsession.se
Tue Dec 18 12:55:43 CET 2007

On 12/18/07, Kiran <krec.kiran at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>          I am trying the verseclock example present
> https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/verse/trunk .
>         All building the vclock and running the verse server and then
> executing vclock..it hangs..as follows..Any suggestions?
>
> [kiran at localhost examples]$ ./vclock -ip=16.138.2.199
>  Handling connection, stage 1
> Connected as 10 to 16.138.2.199:4950
>  Set avatar name to 'vclock-10'
> Creating new node

Okay ... It's been a while since I ran vclock, but are you sure it's
hung? It looks reasonable, it has managed to connect to the server and
created a new node. But perhaps it should print more progress
information, like the ID of the created node and so on ...

I hope you realize that vclock is a non-graphical client, it will not
open a window showing you a clock. All it does is create a bitmap node
on the server, and then draw a digital clock into that node. You need
to connect with a rendering client to see the clock update.

> Btw, I am connecting to this remote linux box thru telnet for running both
> client and server. Hope this is  not an issue.

No, that should be fine.

Sorry that I can't be of more assistance; I'm not on a box with Verse
on it right now, and have recently moved house so I don't have my home
box set up either. :/

Regards,