[Verse-dev] The Common Denominator is NURBS

Joe Eagar joeedh at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 01:45:36 CEST 2007

Esben Stien wrote:
> Esben Stien <b0ef at esben-stien.name> writes:
>

>> you can't access these curves and surfaces. You just manipulate a
>> stupid cage;).
>>

> Not exactly true, though; it's just blenders arsenal is not able
> to.

Eh blender's subsurfer is heavily optimized for speed.  If you want a
subsurfer that can actually solve the bezier surface problem in a more
flexible way (rather then using basically the finite element method to
do it) you need something else.

Um.  Is finite element method the right word?  Subsurfs to my
understanding are a form of Laplace functions in that they use boundary
conditions to iteratively work towards a solution, that's the finite
element method, right?  I really need to take calculus :/

Joe