[Verse-dev] r6p1, master servers and chat

Emil Brink emil at obsession.se
Thu Sep 28 10:03:58 CEST 2006

Hello.

In preparation of the upcoming r6p1 release of the core Verse code,
Eskil and I want to include support for two new auxiliary features:
master server, and chatting.

These are described here:

<http://verse.blender.org/cms/Master_Server__v2.775.0.html>
and
<http://verse.blender.org/cms/Chat.781.0.html>.

I know Eskil has been spending the night implementing master server
support in his suite of applications (Connector, Loq Airou & co),
and he wanted me to type up the chat spec so he could get on with
that, too.

This message is just a heads-up to interested users out there, to
let you know that r6p1 is close to release, and to introduce the two
specification documents in case anyone wants to work on support in
their applications.

Questions and comments welcome as always.

Regards,