[Verse-dev] New versions of my apps.

eskil at obsession.se eskil at obsession.se
Tue Nov 21 14:35:12 CET 2006

Hi

I have just updated all my apps at: http://www.quelsolaar.com/files/

Some internal fixes, like preventing some crashes when strange meshes
are subdivided.

But the major change in this release can be found in the setting menu
in Co On. Now you can configure the wireframe view to display tag
information, it can either print out tag information directly on to
the HUD, or it can change the objects color, or you can ever draw a
icon for it. Yes there is a tiny icon editor in the settings window.
(While working on the icon editor i also re drew all capital letters
in the font so it should be easier to read now.)

As default the settings follow the in progress asset management spec,
so for instance all objects that have a status tag set to critical
will be red. But you can configure it to what ever you want. And this
is really my recommendation for apps that use tags, make them
configurable so  that users can chose what tags do what, rather then
hard coding them if possible.

I'm also working on a win32 port of my apps so soon we wont need that
SDL.dll in windows, its in the source and it works so you can test it
if you want. The only thing missing is mouse warp (I think...).

Cheers