[Verse-dev] Re: [Uni-verse] Loader and materials

Emil Brink emil at obsession.se
Mon Mar 27 16:39:47 CEST 2006

Peter Lundén wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I like to have a set of materials stored in a vml file and some
> objects with geometry in another vml file, I like the object to have
> per face materials. How can I refere to the materials defined in the
> vml file? To me it seams that this is not possible :-(  I hope Im
> wrong.

Hm ... No, I think you're (unfortunately) right.

VML files do not define or use a global name-space for the nodes they
contain, so it is not possible at the moment to refer to a node in a
different VML file. This sounds like an ... interesting problem, for
sure. I don't have any ideas for an obvious fix, except perhaps some
kludge using preprocessing to concatenate the VML files prior to upload,
but that wouldn't work if you want to upload the content at different
points in time.

Any ideas here, Eskil (or anyone else, of course) ?

Regards,