[Verse-dev] Yet Another Bug in Verse

eskil at obsession.se eskil at obsession.se
Mon Jul 31 16:38:04 CEST 2006

Hi again!

> Hi,
> OK, once again, first verse-blender had sent and received this:

> send: verse_send_g_vertex_delete_real32(node_id = 2 vertex_id = 8 );
> send: verse_send_g_vertex_set_xyz_real32(node_id = 2 layer_id = 0
> vertex_id = 4294967295 x = 1.000000 y = 1.000000 z = -1.000000 );
> receive: verse_send_g_vertex_set_xyz_real32(node_id = 2 layer_id = 0
> vertex_id = 8 x = -1.000000 y = 1.000000 z = 1.000000 ); callback = 0x9c79dc
> receive: verse_send_g_vertex_delete_real32(node_id = 2 vertex_id = 8 );
> callback = 0x9c83c9
>
> 1) I sent delete vertex command, because I wanted to delete some vertex
> 2) I sent create vertex command, because I wanted to create new vertex
> 3) Verse Server sent me change_position of existing vertex (vertex with
> id still wasn't deleted) ... verse-blender can't do more, then verse
> blender changed position of existing vertex
> 4) Verse Server sent me delete command of existing vertex ...
> conclusion, old vertex was deleted, but new vertex wasn't created

Ok this really is broken, i think i missunderstod you before. Im sorry
if i cant be of more help right now, Im at the siggraph showfloor so i
dont really have the gear/time to look in to it that deep. I just had
a look in the c file and hare are 2 things you can try:

in the function "vs_f_extend_arrays" in vs_node_geometry chanage the lines:

	if(base_layer && id == -1)
	{
		if(vertex)
		{
to:
	if(base_layer && id == -1)
	{
	node->vertex_hole = 0;
	node->polygon_hole = 0;
		if(vertex)
		{

or try to change the 2 "4096" values in the same function to something
really high. tell me it it works!

> I don't want to send new vertexes or new polygons with some not used
> ids. Why? Because some other verse application can create vertex with
> same id at the same time and it will cause some inconsistency again.

Oh that is really serious of you....

 From my point of view the data can always be changed by other apps
anyway. And beeing able to set the ids yourself makes it so much
easier. Especialy for vertices since you can send both polygons and
vertices on one swoop.

Hope it helps. mail back your results.

Cheers