[Verse-dev] Halting of verse server

Brecht Van Lommel blendix at pandora.be
Fri Mar 18 01:08:23 CET 2005

Jiri Hnidek wrote:
> Hi,
> I made easy (elegant) way for stoping verse server. My solution uses
> signal caturing. It could be useful when developer wants to do some
> profiling. When you stop verse server with Ctrl-C ... you lost all
> profiling information. When you capture SIGINT and you stop server with
> exit(EXIT_SUCCES), then gmon.out is generated. I consider my solution as
> little bit hackish, but it could be useful for some purpose :-). Patch
> is in the attachment.

I will definitely be using this patch at some point. Last time I
profiled the server
I let the client send a secret command that would kill the server :).
And I know
emil had the same issue with gprof as well.

It might be good to extend this patch even, so that the server sends a nice
connect_terminate to all clients before going down.

Brecht.