[Verse-dev] sending packets too slow

Eskil Steenberg eskil at obsession.se
Mon Aug 22 19:38:43 CEST 2005

Hi

> The problem is that even if 100 microseconds is passed to
> select(), it waits at least 10 milliseconds. This is probably
> directly related to the time quantum Mac OS X uses.

This is a problem that is found all over. If you try to send more them one
packet in a row the os will drop packets, and if you use any functionality
like select(); switches the task and it takes too long time to return.

In the mac version there is also a problem where the buffer sizes are set
to an illigal size. I dont know if this means that the buffers arent
changed at all or if it means that the buffers are set to the maximum
size. Try setting the buffers to a less agressive size and see if it makes
a difference.

I will get back to working on optimizing the out queue ASAP.

Cheers