[Verse-dev] Siggraph

Eskil Steenberg eskil at obsession.se
Mon Aug 8 03:49:34 CEST 2005

Well im not yet back from Siggraph, Im writing this in the lobby of
chelsea hotel New York where i happened to end up, its a very special
hotel, Arthur C clark wrote the screen play to 2001 here, the song "take a
walk on the wild side" is about the place, and the film "LEON" was shot
here.

Dee Dee Ramone, Edith Piaf, Dylan Thomas, Mark Twain, Bob dylan, Sid
Vicious, Jimi Hendrix, and many others have lived here. Check out the site
if you want to know more:

http://www.hotelchelsea.com

Soggraph was not very interesting this year, Not any real announcements
except the one about the lack of OpenGL support in windows Vista. Im sure
you all know about it but if you dont check out OpenGL.org . Many people
with in the ARB has known about this for some time but haven't been able
to say something due to NDAs. If there is any thing you can do to
influence MS i urge you to do so.

The verse part of the show was successfull and we managed to get quite the
turn out at the BOF. I meet many people who knew about verse already so it
spreading. With the integration of verse in to large apps going on i think
we should be able to get some real verse end users soon.

I also want to thank Robin Rowe, Ton and every one else who helped promote
verse during Siggraph.

Cheers