[Verse-dev] Using tags and C++ issues

Eskil Steenberg eskil at obsession.se
Mon Apr 25 13:09:03 CEST 2005

Hi

> 2) I need special parameters for materials such as absorbtion
> and diffuse coefficients in addition to the ordinary color values. This is
> not supported by Verse protocol at the moment. That is why I decided to
> save the materials in tags as strings and then create a special material
> layer in the geometry node. This layer includes the tag IDs which can be
> referred to find out the material of each polygon face.

There is a much nicer way of doing this. Insted of using tags use the
material node. In the fragment "output" set the lable of what you want to
compute and then you can build your own trees that can use reflectance
functions, diffusion, geometry layers and textures.

This is much nicer then tags because you can do more ,and you have joined
the visula material with the audio material, it is easyer to edit the
data, since when you assign a material to a object you get all the
parameters at once.