[Verse-dev] CVS usage

Eskil Steenberg eskil at obsession.se
Sat Sep 18 01:46:56 CEST 2004

Hi

> I *strongly* recommend you to only use CVS for Verse from now on. And
> if you want, open projects for Loq and the other tools you make too.
>
> Everyone, including you, will benefit a lot from that. I don't have
> to  go over all positive aspects of a cvs with you... it's easy and
> fun,  and a great tool to help tracking changes for everyone. This is
> how you  develop in teams, and how open source can take off.

Verse is as you know already in CVS. Ever since Emil created the CVS we
have used it for the development of verse. Whenever I have found a bug i
have sent over a fix to Emil and he has inserted it in to CVS.  With R4
I sent over a zip containg everything and told Emil to distrobute it.
Emil did not upload it to CVS and i dont know why. (I never did ask him
to do so) Perhaps it is time to put the pre release version of r4 on to
CVS too.

To add to this i must however  say that i hgave comended Emil for
working with CVS, but at the same time i requre the latest version of
the protocoll to be availabel as a Zip too.

Cheers