[Verse-dev] Verse R4pre

Emil Brink emil at obsession.se
Fri Sep 17 11:26:46 CEST 2004

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 12:04:14 +0300 (EEST)
"Nathan Letwory" <jesterking at letwory.net> wrote:

> Hi all,

Hi jK!

> I thought to let you all know that since last weekend I've started adding
> Verse support to Blender. I'm slowly making progress, and learning how to
> use the protocal, but yesterday I managed to create an object in Blender,
> which shows fine in Loq Airou. The support is not really useable yet, as
> there is hardly any interactivity, but that I should be able to solve in
> the coming days and possibly next week.

That is very cool indeed, as is (of course) all the work being done by various
parties to actually use Verse.

> I'm still using Verse code that's in CVS, though, but I reckon that moving
> to the eventual R4 shouldn't be a problem.

I just "ported" the Purple codebase; it involved changing one line, the one
that calls verse_send_connect(). That is of course an overly positive view
however, I know there is at least one callback (connect_accept) that needs
to be updated as well. Sometimes I wish we had explicit types for all of
those, but it'd be rather unwieldy...

I guess I should update the CVS repository as well, but I'm waiting for yet
another release from Eskil.

Anyway, just happy to see the action, looking forward to seeing it live on
the Blender Conference.

Regards,