[Verse-dev] server r3p2 under win32 behaves weird

Thorsten Jordan Thorsten_Jordan at gmx.de
Tue Sep 14 14:41:47 CEST 2004

Emil Brink wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 13:41:49 +0200
> Thorsten Jordan <Thorsten_Jordan at gmx.de> wrote:
>
>>Any comments?
> None from me at least, I do not run Verse under win32 at all... I do
> think Eskil does, and he should be able to send you a binary of the
> server to test.
>
> The problem itself sounds like a bug, perhaps something in the netcode,
> but I can't be sure.
>
> Did you try with various degrees of optimization? Blaming the compiler
> is not something I'm apt to do very quickly, but optimization is known
> to be possibly "dangerous" in the Linux world at least...
It works under Linux with optimaztions (-O2 -Wall -g), the problem is
Win32. I compile it in Debug mode, where all optimizations are disabled.
So this shouldn't be the problem.
I'll try the server from Eskil's zip

(and btw. the optimaztion trouble is more a myth i think. With -O2 all
should be fine, and even -O3 never lead to problems with gcc3.2 on)

--
Greetings, Thorsten