[Verse-dev] img_img 0.1 release

Robin Rowe rower at MovieEditor.com
Tue Oct 26 03:07:41 CEST 2004

Thorsten,

> just a short note here: why not let the constructor of that class...

Because if I made the first release perfect it would hardly seem a 0.1
release! ;-) Seriously, one more change could have delayed release into the
next weekend. (I don't have free time during the week.)

> why this is on the verse list? has it a verse binding?

During the SIGGRAPH convention in August I talked with Ton, Eskil, and
others about opportunities for collaboration between CinePaint and Blender.
Using img_img will enable Blender to reuse our image file read/write
capabilities. I'd promised to deliver img_img as soon as I could to the
verse developers for integration. img_img is our new GUI-less lightweight
core designed for ease of integration.

Robin