[Verse-dev] high level python api

Nathan Letwory jesterking at letwory.net
Mon Oct 11 08:16:19 CEST 2004

> Hi,
>
>>I've done some experimenting with a high level verse api in python
>>(currently named versoo). You can easily print out data, and execute
>>commands in an OO type way. I've wrapped maybe 5% of the api.
>>
>>It's mainly aimed at using it in the interactive interpreter (on the
>>command line), but it could also be used for simple scripts. Maybe even
>>as a script stored in the text node.
>>

>>Another nice thing is that it calls v.callback_update() continuously in
>>a separate thread, so you don't have to type it after every verse
>>command on the command line.
>>
>>The code is online, with a sample session:
>>http://users.pandora.be/blendix/verse/py/exp/
>>

> Very cool. Would it be possible to run scripts form Text nodes? that
> would be very cool.
>
> It would be very cool to see some of this at the blender conference. We
> have about 3 hours the first day, in the big room, Im going to talk
> about R4 and show demos of my apps, and Emil is going to talk about
> Purple. So you or any one else have anything verse related to show us
> talk to and and we would love to have you show it.

I hope to have something working with Blender by that time. Currently I am
rewriting some of Blenders use, but some basic verse should be working by
the time you and Emil speak.

Also I'm experimenting with using Verse from C#, in which I've made some
progress, but currently am stalled with connectivity problems (will
research further and come with a better description than just stating that
there is a problem ;). Preliminary tests show it is possible though.

/Nathan

ps. Brecht, nice work on your OO!