[Verse-dev] New day, new spec

Emil Brink verse-dev@blender.org
Fri, 7 May 2004 16:24:38 +0200 (MEST)

Hello.

I just uploaded a new version of the Verse spec to the usual place.

Major changes this time include a pass through a spellchcker, which
caught a few... creative words.

It's worth noting that the definition of the b_layer_set_tile command
(<http://www.blender.org/modules/verse/verse-spec/b_layer_set_tile.html>)
in the spec is different from the one in the code right now.

I had written it with an array of a pixel-union type first, but had
some problems with the 1-bit type neeeded. The idea to use a union
for the whole tile is Eskil's, and good since it saves the spec from
having to introduce an ugly 1-bit integer type for this single need.
I hope/assume that we will shift the implementation to use the same
representation, perhaps as soon as in r2.

Regards,

/Emil