[Verse-dev] verse app responsiveness

Eskil Steenberg eskil@obsession.se
Mon, 29 Dec 2003 11:29:01 +0100

Hi

Happy holidays every one.  Sorry  for my silence, try to prevent me
from  getting any more Game Cube games in the future... I bought a CD
burner and then my hole computer broke down, so now i have new power
supply, graphics card (radion 9800 with openGL 2.0 beta drivers!),
harddrive , and  an additional monitor. im still installing things but i
will try to fix the problems.

Brecht Van Lommel wrote:

>Hi,
>
>To test the python bindings (expect a release with binaries soon), I
>decided to try to write a higher lever api in python. I started with the
>text nodes, as these seemed the easiest ones. But I can't figure out how
>I am supposed to write a simple text editor to edit the a buffer in a
>text node.

Yes the Text node has been a huge problem  for a long time. verse is
built on an idea that  the commands are order independent, and this
works fine for everything but text. For text you need insert and delete.
this requiters some extra code in verse that i havent written yet,  And
thats why the commands work but com out the other end in the wrong
order. I will get to work on this as soon as possible.

Sorry