[Universe-feedback] More Verse Thoughts

zenaphex at gmail.com zenaphex at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 20:52:38 CET 2006

I tried out the later version available from this link:
http://www.quelsolaar.com/files/

I really like the new options in the intro screens, especially "List".
Master server broadcasting/listing is really cool. This version does
fix the issues I was having before. VML loader loads things up in a
decent amount of time. I haven't experienced any program freezes yet.

Some new issues came up though:

1. Loq Airou - Now, when I create a cube, I can create the first
square. But, as soon as I create another square from the first one, it
does not fill in the square with blue like it did the first one. Maybe
their are some new instructions with this version that I am not aware
of? In other words, I do not get a solid cube, only just a solid
square and the rest are empty.

2. Loq Airou - Sometimes, at certain rotated camera angles, the
middle-click option menu on a object causes the option labels to
become mangled up inside the menu. Labels overlapping other labels.
Seems like it's just a labeling/text issue.

I would like to figure out how to compile verse and the tools with
MinGW for Windows XP. I attempted before but I became completely lost.
I would prefer testing off the latest CVS if possible. If I ever
manage to figure it out I could post up a how-to for others.

I will also be trying this with Blender at some point.