[Uni-verse] Audio demo situation?

eskil at obsession.se eskil at obsession.se
Fri Nov 17 16:04:18 CET 2006

Hi

> These were the first things I did actually. So what is it you wanted
> to know? We have got a green background and a bunch of lines.

You dont think telling me what you see when you run my app can be of
help figuring out what is wrong? This tells me you have a working
geometry pipeline but that they are shaded black. You still havent
told me if there are any light sources on the scene. If there are no
light sources (and im fairly convinced there are none), Quel renders
it black (as it should) where as OSG adds default light sources. Add a
light source using Co On. Emil has sent you two new versions of the
executable, wich are you running?

> See the attachment.

You are quite obviusly running on old hardware/drivers. You have no
shader support. Try updating your drivers, tell me what graphics card
you have and send me the output of QS.

> I just have not found our IRC discussions very fruitful so far.

Well you dont seam very interested in letting us help you. This could
go a lot faster, if you would argue less, and do as we ask.

> The problem is that the machines are just temporarily connected by a
> switch, and the connection to the outer world is insecure. We do not
> want to take a security risk here. An other reason is that the data
> on our server is constantly changing during the testing. But the
> model we use is the newest "testscene" on Mattias's page.

You need to get a machine that can comunicate with the outside world.
This is a project about networking.