AW: [Uni-verse] Audio demo situation?

Raine Kajastila rakajast at tml.hut.fi
Thu Nov 16 08:50:33 CET 2006

Hi,
> smaller "testscene" I have added two light sources, one "sun" outside and one
> inside the main hall.
>Both of those probably have to be made brighter, as
> Marcus suggested, partly because, as Ludde pointed out, the scale on that one
> is a bit big.

I tested the scene with OSGrenderer and it seems to work fine. Yes, the
light sources are not that bright, but I don't know if just making them
brighter is the best solution. I think we should choose pretty quickly
which
model we are going to use in the demo and I would vote for this, mainly
because it is not that complex for uvas and it (currently)runs smoothly in
OSGrenderer.

There are a few things that could be improved:

1. Scale the model so that the dimensions are realistic. Because
soundrendering is not credible if the small rooms sound like huge halls.

2. Add more lights to the model. Also more "suns" are needed around the
model, because if in demo situation you accidentaly happen to cruise out
of the building to the "dark side", it is not fast to find the way
back.(Anakin Skywalker has proven that:)

3. Add visual goodies, such as materials, furniture, plants, etc. Reducer
will get rid of these before feeding the model to uvas.

How does this sound? other opinions?

-raine