[Uni-verse] Intergration meeting before the summer

Gert Svensson gert at pdc.kth.se
Wed May 31 12:53:09 CEST 2006

Dear Friends,

I hope you have recovered from the hard work around the review
I also hope you have had time to read the review report. I don't think
the content of the report
was that surprising; it was quite inline with the comments during the
review.
In general I think we should be quite pleased by the outcome!

One of the things which was criticized was however the lack of integration.
I agree that we have to speed up the work with interoperability testing.

So we have concluded that we need to have another testing/integration
meeting before the summer.
The integration would still focus around the architectural demonstrator.
A lot of things still remain to be done. Here I list a few of them:

3ds   plug-in

Upload materials
Load objects from 3DS file
Sub-division surfaces, smoothing groups conversion to creases

Sound renderer

PD Implementation instead of Mustajuuri (to make it portable)

UVAS

New BSP tree
Dynamic

Reduction

Per object material
How is the reduced geometry uploaded? It has been suggested to label the
geometry.  Is this decided?
Material blending

PDA renderer

It was suggested to use the PDA to navigate.
This would need some updates regarding the avatar I believe.

OSG renderer
Testing bug fixing

Collision detection
Collision detection has been asked for by the architects.
Would it be possible to use Necro for that?

To continue testing we suggest having a testing meeting in Stockholm
June 20-21.
This would be a genuine technical meeting.
All technical partners are welcome but it would also be possible to
participate over internet.
In that case you should be prepared to fix bugs and do remote testing
the entire days.

However KTH, II and HUT (Sound renderer and reducer) however need to be
present in real-life.

For this to work all software should be available at least a week in
advance so standalone testing can be done.

What do you say about his idea?

Best Regards
Gert