[Uni-verse] Software release

Lauri Savioja las at tml.hut.fi
Thu Mar 16 16:05:02 CET 2006

Hi Gert,

It is much better now!

I still have one suggestion related to the tutorial. Now most of the
page is devoted to Loq Airou and a reader might get an illusion that
the expression (Uni-Verse == Loq Airou) evaluates to true. For this
reason I suggest that we move the cube-drawing part to a different
page titled something like 'Cube in Loq Airou - step-by-step' and in
the Uni-Verse Tutorial link to this new page. By this means the
tutorial gets shorter and is more balanced between different tools.

For a more thorough Tutorial it would be nice to include a renderer
and connector as well. By this means there would be more reasonable
use for connector as well, and more parts would get introduced.

Regards,
	Lauri

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006, Gert Svensson wrote:

> Dear Lauri,
>
> many thanks for excellent comments!
>
> Lauri Savioja wrote:
>
> >Two comments related to the Download-page:
> >
> >1) The Documentation is a bit oddly placed in my opinion. Why do we
> >need a separate title for that if it only contains the Loq Airou
> >manual? It looks like there is no other documentation available
> >although links to all the documentation are already provided above.
> >

> Has been changed..
>
> >2) Tutorial could (and should) be much stronger. I supposed to see
> >really basic step-by-step instructions to get something nice on the
> >screen such as:
> >
> >- Go and get Verse server
> >- Install Loq Airou
> >- Install Connector
> >- Start Verse Server
> >- Start Loq Airou
> >- Start Connector
> >- Draw something with Loq Airou
> >- Edit something with Connector
> >- Start another Loq Airou in a separate computer and connect to the server
> >
> >... and so on ...
> >

> The tutorial has been updated by Emil according to your ideas.
> However we found no simple visual use case for connector.
> Any ideas?
>
> Also thanks to Marcus reporting the Loq bug. We have now reverted back
> to an older version without subdivision surface rendering.
>
> Please check once more!
>
> Best Regards
> Gert
>
> >In any case, it is very nice that we are ready to make the release!
> >
> >Regards,
> >	Lauri
> >
> >On Mon, 13 Mar 2006, Gert Svensson wrote:
> >

> >>Please also check the content at
> >>http://www.uni-verse.org/Downloads.58.0.html.
> >>
> >>Best Regards
> >>Gert

Lauri Savioja
Telecommunications Software and Multimedia Laboratory
Helsinki University of Technology
PO Box 5400, FIN-02015 TKK, Finland
Tel. +358-9-451 3237     Fax +358-9-451 5014