[Uni-verse] Agenda and preparation of the PCC meeting tomorrow URGENT

Lauri Savioja las at tml.hut.fi
Thu Mar 2 12:57:07 CET 2006

Dear All,

Please, find in the following a short status report on WP7.*

---

WP 7.2  Acoustic geometry reduction module
HUT

Objectives, Starting Point

The module was under development. The goal was to get it delivered in M19.

Progress towards Objectives

The module was delivered in M19, but it has been further developed
after that to adapt to the needs of real-time reduction. In addition,
the scientific dissemination of the results still continues.

Deviations from Work Programme

There were no remarkable deviations during this workpackage.

WP 7.3  Audio culling module
II

Objectives, Starting Point

The development of the module was started. The goal was to get it
delivered in M19.

Progress towards Objectives

The development of the module turned out to be much more challenging
than expected in the beginning. It required more resources, but it was
completed without scarifying the originally planned functionally

Deviations from Work Programme

The delivery of the module was delayed to M26.

WP 7.4  Sound rendering module
HUT

Objectives, Starting Point

The development of the module was started with the Mustajuuri audio
signal processing platform. The implementation for the other platform,
pd, was still in the very beginning. The goal was to get both of them
delivered in M24.

Progress towards Objectives

The development of the module for Mustajuuri was straightforward, and
there were no big surprises in it. The porting to pd was more
difficult than expected, and it took a bit longer to finish that. Both
of the implementations are now finished, but the documentation is
still under preparation.

Deviations from Work Programme

The delivery of the module was delayed to M26.

WP 7.5  Perceptual based acoustic simulation module
II

Objectives, Starting Point

The development of the module was started. The goal is to get it delivered in M28.

Progress towards Objectives

<- Some nice words from Ludde :-) ->

Deviations from Work Programme

No deviations.
---

Regards,
	Lauri

On Wed, 01 Mar 2006, Gert Svensson wrote:

> <>Dear Friends,
>
> before deciding about the time for the IRC PCC meeting tomorrow I wait
> for responses from some of the partners.
> II can only attend a 1400 meeting.
> MinusPlus can only attend a 1000 meeting.
> KTH, Paregos and FHG is OK with both.
> What about Blender and HUT?
>
> To speed things up I would appreciate if you could send your short
> status reports
> requested below to the uni-verse list before the meeting tomorrow.
>
> 1) Status of the software release testing by Blender volunteers. Any
> feedback? (Blender)
>
> 2) Status of the economic reports (II, FHG, Blender)
>
> 3) Status of periodic report (Almost all)
>
> 3) Status of D5.1 3d studio plug-in (Mattias, KTH)
>
> 4) Status of D5.2 Administrative tools (Eskil, KTH)
>
> 5) Status of D7.3 Audio culling module and D7.4 Sound rendering module
> (HUT, II)
>
> 6) Status of the updated specification
>
> 7) Status of the report on the architectural demonstrator (II and MinusPlus)
>
> 8) Additional PCC meeting for approval of deliverables?
> ?
>
> Best Regards
> Gert

Lauri Savioja
Telecommunications Software and Multimedia Laboratory
Helsinki University of Technology
PO Box 5400, FIN-02015 TKK, Finland
Tel. +358-9-451 3237     Fax +358-9-451 5014